Your phone will automatically reboot into the stock operating system. You can disconnect your phone from the PC and close the flash tool’s window now. This flash tool supports flashing devices equipped with MT62xx, MT65xx, MT67xx, and MT68xx chipsets. It is very similar to the QPST Flash Tool, which is used for devices with a Qualcomm chipset. Here, we will have a look at how to do these things efficiently and safely. In this guide, we will show you the steps to backup your MediaTek firmware using SP Flash Tool. One of the biggest perks of having an MTK device is the plentitude of tools that it beholds.
Stephen is a freelance writer at Android Police who primarily covers how-to guides, features, and the occasional in-depth explainer across various topics. He came on board with the team in late 2021, bringing his strong technical background in computers, smartphones, and customer service with him. As a long-time power user who knows his devices from the inside out, he uses that knowledge to tweak and customize them to better fit his specific needs. Stephen previously worked as a freelance how-to guide writer for the Android rooting, modding, and custom ROM section at Gadget Hacks.
- In Mac’s Terminal you can type cd and then drag the folder platform-tools folder from finder to the terminal window and the path will be inserted.
- If you have any questions regarding the tool or its usage, please feel free to ask us through the comments.
- This may require a bit of effort but is worthwhile if you’re not willing to buy extra storage for your here account.
- Now you have successfully flashed Stock Firmware using LiveSuit Tool on your Android Smartphone or Tablet.
- This method is 100% completely safe and there are no problems at all.
- You can install the latest Android 5.1.1 firmware or the KitKat firmware onto your Xperia Z3.
One way is to use a backup app, such as Google Drive or iCloud. Another way is to make a backup of your phone’s internal storage. There are a few different ways to backup your Android phone to your computer.
- One way is to use a cable to connect your phone to your computer and then use the Android File Transfer app to copy files from your phone to your computer.
- Other custom recoveries such as ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) and Philz Touch Recovery have similar features, but TWRP is considered to be more user-friendly and easier to use.
- There are so many devices are getting Great Custom ROMs like Cyanogenmod 13 New Platform etc.
- Just make sure you do that, so it’s easy to restore your data once you install a new ROM.
In summary, We can root an Android device in two ways; one uses a custom recovery like TWRP while the other is without the use of any recovery at all. This article explains the steps that you need to know about how to Root an Android device without TWRP recovery and PC. Choose your backup and the parts you want to restore (it’s all selected by default). When you’re happy to proceed, tap the big Flash button. The whole process takes quite a while, and the screen will go black along the way. The phone will reboot when it’s done, so don’t touch it in the meantime.